Stand Up Paddleboards
Serena hotel guests: $8 / RWF 7,000 per hour
Visitors: $12 / RWF 10,000 per hour
Children: Half price
Come with your children, come with your family, come with your friends!
Suitable for all ages and abilities, Stand Up Paddleboards (SUP) are an easy, fun, a gentle exercise and offer just a little adventure that everyone can enjoy.
This is a great way to get out on Lake Kivu right from the beach in Gisenyi at Serena Hotel and from just offshore you can get impressive views of the Nyiragongo Volcano. No experience is needed.
*** Children welcome. ***
We have five boards including two doubles, so the maximum group size is seven adults. Children from 7-13 are half price, and young children from 4-6 can go for free on the same board as an adult!
We provide all the equipment you need and if you're not confident or would like to go away from the area immediately in front of Serena, you'll have a free safety kayaker with you on the water.
There is so much fun you can have with a Stand Up Paddleboard, so go and find out for yourself!
There are just a few important notes for you to know...
Children are very welcome - but please note that:
- All children must be at least 4 years old.
- Children up to 11 years old must go with a responsible adult on the SAME paddleboard
- Children over 12 years old can have their own paddleboard or accompany an adult or another child over 12 years old.
- There must be a responsible adult on the water with all children up to 14 years old.
There are some limitations to where we're allowed to go.
- So please follow the guide's instructions and everyone must stay together.
You must wear a buoyancy aid (life jacket).
- This isn't a problem, because if you're hot you can jump in the water to cool off!
- However, it's the law in Rwanda that a buoyancy aid (life jacket) must be worn so, if we don't have one that fits you, we're sorry, but it won't be possible for you to use the paddleboards.
Your safety is our priority.
- Most of the time the weather is calm, however, we don't go or must get off the water if it's windy, there are waves or a thunderstorm is approaching.
- Everyone must be off the water by 6pm.
It's ok if you can't swim... so just follow these rules:
- Please tell the guide.
- Borrow a buoyancy aid and practice jumping in the water by the beach before you begin.
- Stay close to shore.
We hope you undestand the price is already very low, so our discounts don't apply.